MSCA opens €95m call to co-fund doctoral and postdoctoral programmes
The MSCA COFUND action gives organisations a unique opportunity to attract talent through their own doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships programmes.
The Marie Sklowdowska-Curie Actions Co-funding of regional, national and international programmes (COFUND) 2022 call is open as of today. The deadline for submission of proposals is 9 February 2023.
Under this call, the European Commission will award €95 million to support regional, national and international training and career development programmes.
COFUND projects can take the form of
- Doctoral Programmes
- offering doctoral candidates research training activities to develop and broaden their skills and competences
- leading to the award of a doctoral degree
- Postdoctoral Programmes, funding individual advanced research training and career development fellowships for postdoctoral researchers
Who can apply?
A single organisation in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe associated country applies.
Additional partners can be included in the project, such as
- government entities
- regional authorities
- funding agencies
- research organisations
Spreading best practices
COFUND spreads the MSCA’s best practices by promoting high standards and excellent working conditions.
It promotes sustainable training and international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility to
- train researchers and innovators in academia and beyond
- allow them to enlarge their networks and share knowledge to carry out cutting-edge research
- provide them with new knowledge, skills and career development perspectives
- boost their creativity and entrepreneurship
These programmes will also allow organisations to attract international talent and increase their research and innovation capacities.
Funded programmes will have to consider important aspects such as
- open science
- community engagement
- high-quality supervision
Find out more and apply
Visit the call page on the EU Funding & Tenders portal to learn more about the conditions of the call and key documents (including templates and guide for applicants).